I have been nominated for the first time for the Liebster Blog Award x2: Lilica Blake at http://lilicasplace.wordpress.com/2013/06/22/and-the-winner-is/ and Katherine Vucicevic at http://sci-fi-novel-otura.blogspot.ca/2013/06/my-leibster-blog-award.html Thank you both. It is a pleasure to participate. Your questions have both been completed below. Please find yours to see the answers.
LIEBSTER – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome
The purpose of participating is to help your blog. I hope many of you participate. To learn more visit http://lorrainemariereguly.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/
Rules for The Liebster Blog Award
1. List 11 Random facts about yourself
2. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award.
3. Notify these bloggers.
4. Ask 11 questions that the bloggers must answer upon accepting the Liebster Award.
5. Answer the 11 questions that you were asked when you were nominated.
6. Link back to the person who nominated you.
Eleven random facts about me
- I love hearing a vocalist sing operatically with the rhythm of the piano.
- I can play guitar, amateur.
- I hate crowded places.
- I self-taught myself to read music and studied my daughter when she came home from piano lessens so I could learn to play.
- I’ve been to Bangor, Main when there was a blizzard.
- I’ve been to the place where they produced Anne of Green Gables.
- I was afraid of the dark when I was young.
- I like the smell of a candle burning.
- If I had my way I’d go back to using a coal oil lamp.
- I like learning about edible plants native to our country.
- I am a mother to three girls.
Bette A. Stevens; http://4writersandreaders.com/
Jane Vestil; http://www.geekgonegirly.com/
Kimberly Grenfell; http://imaginationether.blogspot.ca/
Kerryl Connelly; http://kerrylconnelly.wix.com/authorklc/
Andrew Toynbee; http://andrewtoynbee.wordpress.com/
Lorraine Reguly; http://lorrainemariereguly.wordpress.com/about-me/
Mary H Farris; http://greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com/
Jenny Munro; http://jennymunrowritingphotos.wordpress.com/
Nicky English; http://halfabc.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/the-journey-of-writing-my-first-novel/
Jennifer Paetsch; http://jenniferpaetsch.com/
Sean MacUisdin; http://seanmacuisdin.wordpress.com/about/
Questions to my nominees
- What is your favorite animal and why; mine is a lion because it is fierce?
- If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world, what place would you choose?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your most memorable moment?
- Do you have a hobby?
- Do you have a favorite childhood nursery rhyme?
- What type of music do you enjoy most?
- Are you a country bumpkin or a city slicker?
- If you could rewrite a chapter in your life would you?
- Do you have a fear of anything?
- Do you have a favorite place you go for a latte, coffee or tea?
I cannot wait to hear from you and read your answers. I hope you all take part in this fun activity.
Answers to the questions from Katherine Vucicevic
1. What was the funniest movie you have seen? I’ve seen many and it is hard to choose which was the funniest but latest laugh I got from a movie was 40 Year-Old Virgin
2.What’s your earliest memory? Age 4 when we first moved off the settlement
3. What was your favourite school subject? Math was at one time
4. Have you EVER had a need to use algebra away from a school environment? (No, seriously!) Unfortunately, no
5. Do you understand modern art (or even know if it’s hanging the right way up?) I’d like to hope so but I’m afraid I’m out of touch with the modern art
6. Most enjoyable book? If you mean novel, I’d say I really got into Vessica Barksdale Inclan’s novel – When You Go Away but it is my latest read. Most stories that touch real life, I usually enjoy the read. However, I don’t particularly stick to one author as I like some variety
7. Ever spent money to buy something you really wanted, although you could hardly afford it at the time? All the time 🙂
8. Apart from when you were a child, have you ever danced in the rain? No
9. What country would you like to visit that you have not yet been to? Italy
10. What makes you grumpy? Waiting on someone
11. What’s your ’Go To’ switch to make you feel better on a gray day? Shopping
Katherine I hope you enjoy the answers!
Answers to the questions from Lilica Blake
- What inspired you to start a blog? Wanting to create a website for my writing and showcase by books and blogging gave me that opportunity; I wish I could design my own but I don’t have the expertise
- Who was the most influential person in your life? My Life Skills Coach when I was a teen
- If you had $1,000 to give to a charity, which one would you choose? Into the Metis youth scholarship
- If you could spend one day with anyone, living or deceased, who would it be and why? Dalai Lama because I’m intrigued with Buddhism
- What is your favorite book genre? I have to say that favorite is not my best choice because it asks to choose one over another but I did enjoy one Dan Brown, a few Nicholas Sparks and a novel of Vessica Barksdale Inclan’s; I could go on and on
- What is your favorite movie of all time? Can’t think of one at the moment but if you said TV series I would say Lucille ball
- What do you do for relaxation? Go for a drive
- What are two of your favorite hobbies? Playing guitar and scrapbooking
- Do you normally plan things in advance or do you usually run on impulse? I prefer to plan ahead
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind? Dog and the insects that moved in on their own
- Who is your favorite author, musician or actor? (Your choice) George Clooney for his charming looks and Loretta Lynn for her strength
Lilica I hope you enjoy the answers.
congrats! i love loretta lynn too:) now i must check out your nominees!
I’d like to point out that you misspelled my last name, though. No biggie; you can fix it!
Thanks, also for the award. I have actually been awarded this already…
That’s fine and yes I guess I did. I thought I changed that but I guess I didn’t click update. Thanks. I’ll correct the spelling.
Thank you for correcting my name. I appreciate it!
Have you written an ebook yet?
Two books out that are also available as ebooks under Amazon and likely other places such as where I published through.
Congratulations on your outstanding new blog award! 😀