Jar and seal preparation
Process time-20 min
1) Pit and half plums: put in pot until full
2) Add 1/2 cup water to every 30 medium plums: boil gently 5 min
3) Put through blender or processor with chopper until chopped finely (will have to be done in batches to fit processor)
*Have canner, jars and lids ready.
4) Measure out 4 1/2 cups prepared plums to 7 1/2 cups sugar. Bring mixture to full boil that cannot be stirred down. Add the pectin and boil hard for 1 more minute, stir constantly. Remove from heat .
5) Skim off foam
7) Process 20 minutes
8) Remove from canner and cover over night. Store in cool place