Jar and seal preparation
Process time-20 min
1) Pit and half plums: put in pot until full
2) Add 1 cup water to every 36 medium plums: simmer 10 min, stir occasionally
3) Put through food mill (if you don’t have a food mill, then the plums need to sit over night and run through a cheese cloth)
4) After putting through food mill, run through cheese cloth in a colander(Do not squeeze or it will be cloudy)
*Have canner, jars and lids ready.
5) Put 6 1/2 cups sugar to 4 cups prepared plums in pot. Bring mixture to full boil that cannot be stirred down. Add 1 pouch liquid pectin and boil for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
6) Jar and seal.
7) Pour jelly in jars.
8) Put jars in canning processor and 20 min.
9) After 20 minutes, put jars on a towel and cover over night. Store in cool place.