I decided to do a partly knitted top with fluttered dress length plus a matching bloomer. When making the top, I cut 4 pieces. One set is for the lining. I also cut a knit only for the front of the shirt. I decided to use curtain material I had bought from the fabric store. I start by attaching the lining front to the back lining together. I did the same with the outside but added the knit. I then attach the lining and the outside together at the neck area and down the back opening where the buttons will go. I don’t close the arms until I attach the knit sleeves.
Once the knitted arm is in place and pinned I sew it together. Both the lining and outer part of sleeve is evenly pinned.
I attach the front to the back bloomer, stitching at the sides. I accidentally closed the crotch area then realized I had to take it apart because I had to make bias tape for the elastic around leg. Setting it aside for now.
Moving on to the ruffle skirt that will eventually be attached to the shirt, I adjust the tension so that the fabric ruffles as I sew.
I pin each end before I attach it to the top.
Before I can attach the flutter to the top, I need to iron a fold on the top.
The lining also needs to be pressed even to the outside.
Check before pinning the flutter between that it is perfect. If it is easier, you can sew the flutter to the lining. Then fold the top front to the lining with the flutter between.
This is evenly pressed.
Once pinned, I will sew it along the pinned line.
Pins are removed as I sew. I then sew the skirt closed but stop 3/4 of the way so there is a slit at the back.
The photo of the back of the dress shows the opening from the top extending 1/4 down the fluttered part of the dress. This will give enough room for slipping baby into dress.
Finally, bloomer done! Buttons on!
Romper I made. It only took a couple of days to put together.
I always start by cutting out my pattern pieces. Then I put the top pieces together. I had to make bias tape for the cuff.
Then I put the bottom together. The skirt needed to be ruffled a bit before attaching it to the bloomers.
Once done, I attached the top to the bloomer
I added elastic to leg openings.
This was my final outcome.
Another time I’ll do full steps if I could put a video together.
This is what the bunk bed looked like before the change.
The grandkids are over and playing on it. Look how plain it looks.
If you want to learn how to make it, watch the video.
I do like the bunk bed better now that it is wrapped with a skirt on the top and bottom. I also changed the curtains.
What are these mysterious things that are known as orbs that only a limited number of people are gifted to see? Yet, videos and cameras can also capture.
I captured this on video and cannot understand why at least the brightest orb is still not visible to the eye. What are they really I don’t know but it is an affirmation of their existence for me now.
Before this video I had seen these on photos but always dismissed it as lint or something more explainable. Because of the stillness of a photo, I just thought that lint was floating so close to the camera that it made it look like an overstated orb that people proclaimed. Intriguing to say the least, it’s leaving me with more questions than answers.
My thought to yours for which you may leave me yours if you wish.
PS: You may also leave me a link or comment if you have Captured or have experienced anything out of the ordinary.
For step by step instructions watch video
Gorgeous 3-photo 8×8 canvas hanging with rope glue gunned on.
Watch this tutorial on using rope as a decorative piece around a canvas photo hanging for an idea.
I had redone this dresser in 2013 now this dresser is being cut in half for two uses. Watch video to view the transformation. To see what it looked like before visit Dresser makeover
Photo shown below is the two halves. I just put a 1/4″ plywood and painted the bottom half because it is going into a walk-in closet.